COMMERCIAL MILLING SERVICES FOR SMOOTH PAVEMENTS
WHAT IS PAVEMENT MILLING?
Wondering whether or not you should hire commercial milling services in the New Jersey area? Well if you want well formed pavement without any irregularities, then the answer is yes. The process of milling is basically to separate the asphalt or concrete paving and systematic way to a certain depth which is decided beforehand. This process helps in leveling the drainage flow and eliminate the irregularities of the paving.
HOW IS IT DONE?
The milling process includes the following things :
- Re-establishing the existing curb
- Overlaying new concrete curb and gutter
- Removal of asphalt to a specified thickness
In all, in the milling process, the scarifying of pavement surface is done to a certain slope or depth before covering it with a new layer of the concrete or asphalt. After the overlay is completed, the entire pavement area is substituted. This is the best way to maintain the existing paving and minimizing the projection execution time.
There are several services in this area:
- Trench milling
- Reusing and recycling of the reclaimed asphalt pavement
- Profile milling
- Removal of Bridge surface
- Pavement removal
PURPOSE OF MILLING
The main purpose of milling a pavement is to reduce or eliminate the unevenness or distress, resulting in a long lifespan of the pavement. It can be used to eliminate:
- Bleeding of asphalt to the road surface
- Raveling of concrete becoming separate from the binder
- Damage of paving due to accidents or fire
- Manipulate and change the road height or level
- Uneven paving surfaces such as bumps, swells and sags
HOW TO SELECT A PAVING COMPANY?
While selecting a paving company, make sure that they have the right tools and machinery for doing the job. They should also have insurance to protect you from any liability expenses. Check their portfolio thoroughly.