When it comes time to resurface paved surfaces, such as highways and parking lots, the first step to restoring them back to prime condition is to consult with top asphalt milling companies in NJ who can help you find the most cost-effective reconstruction solution.
Asphalt is a durable, long-lasting solution for new and replacement paved surfaces. But over time, even well-constructed roads and parking lots succumb to the effects of natural elements, traffic conditions, and normal wear.
Let’s find out if asphalt milling is right for your project.
What Is Pavement Milling?
Paving and milling companies utilize heavy-duty milling equipment that removes the upper level of asphalt. They’re then ground into small particles that are sent by conveyor into waiting dump trucks for transportation – usually to recycling facilities.
Milling machines can be set to remove just enough material to smooth the surface, or deep enough to remove more material, down to the subbase. By milling only the asphalt materials, curbs and gutters are not impacted by the resurfacing operation. This results in a smooth finished surface, at the lowest possible cost.
Once milling is completed, paving companies will apply a new top layer of asphalt that will bond permanently to the grooved surface generated by the milling operation. This restores curb appeal and creates a pavement product that is high quality and long-lasting.
Paving and milling companies in NJ can complete these projects in much less time than total pavement replacement, at a much lower cost. Milling machines are available to accommodate various project sizes from small residential jobs to complete highway and parking lot resurfacing.
Reasons Why Milling Is An Effective Paving Solution
Milling has many advantages over total pavement replacement:
- Eco-friendly – Since milled material is recycled, it is environmentally responsible.
- Cost-effective – By removing only the amount of material necessary, jobs can be completed in less time, at a lower cost as compared to removing all pavement and subbase materials.
- Uniformity – Retain existing curbs and gutters, avoiding replacement of those items and providing uniform surfaces.
- Time-savings – Reduce time to project completion, using equipment that gets the job done quickly and efficiently.
Find Experienced Paving and Milling Companies NJ
Experienced asphalt paving companies in NJ can help you evaluate if milling is the right solution to your specific paving or resurfacing needs. Whether you need residential, commercial, or municipal reconstruction services, East Coast Paving can provide a full range of paving and milling services for projects of all sizes and complexities such as:
- Pavement removal to full depth
- Removal of bridge surfaces
- Recycling and reuse of milled asphalt materials
- Residential and commercial services including parking lots, city streets, and highways in NJ
East Coast Paving is a full-service paving and milling company in NJ. Rest assured, when you contract with East Coast Paving, you’ll receive start-to-finish satisfaction and professional, long-lasting results.
Contact us at 732-329-3600 for more detailed information or to get expert consultation on your next paving project.