Hiring paving contractors in NJ can be challenging, considering there are many paving companies that offer the same services. So, how to know which paving service you should hire for your paving project ? Research the company to make sure that they have good experience and capability to handle the job.
Failing to do so can result in a poorly created paving that would require a lot of repair work in future costing you more bucks than you had bargained in the beginning of the paving project. It is crucial that you do a background check before you select paving contractors for any commercial project. While interviewing and getting estimates from different paving contractors, make sure that they fulfill the following benchmarks:
AVOID THE DISHONEST CONTRACTORS:
Though many contractors are honest and clear about their charging and work policies, there are some dishonest contractors that might try to resort to underhanded means to charge you more. Avoid the contractors who offer:
1. Cost estimates for needless work
2. Substandard or poor workmanship
3. Low quality materials
4. Initial false estimates
It is your duty to make sure that the work is done properly. So choosing a right contractor can go a long way in a successful paving project. Every contractor should provide you the basic information about themselves:
1. State license to work
2. Insurance certificates
3. Clients ratings and testimonials
5. Detailed portfolio with project pictures and work site info
6. Contract with details of the project
7. Written warranty with time period
QUESTIONING THE CONTRACTOR:
A credible contractor would be able to offer you the basic info about this projects and certifications. Make sure to ask the contractor these questions to judge whether he is competent and can qualify for your business needs. The lowest cost price is not the best one. Reputation and the required qualification for the good quality work are more important factors.
Does the contractor has the right equipments, tools and technology used with the required industry standards?
1. The timeframe required to finish the paving project
2. Warranty /guarantee terms for the work
3. Management of traffic control during the ongoing work
4. Credibility and good rating for the previous work done
5. Qualified and certified crew members
6. The expertise and technical training of the crew
7. The estimated cost of the project
VALIDATE THE INFORMATION
A reliable contractor in NJ would offer the best paving services by prioritizing the customer satisfaction above everything else.
1. The contractor would provide the most experienced staff members with the right experience and training.
2. Also, check out the website of the contractors for the relevant information about their company.
3. Are they listed in in BBB and do they have any accolades during the years, they have been in business.
4. Verify the price quotes with the other paving contractors. The contractor should offer services in standard prices.
Reputable paving contractors always want to develop a profitable long-term relationship with their clients. So no paving contractor would evade these basic questions. If they are not forthcoming, then it is better to hire someone else.